JELLO SHOOTERS

Thursday, May 26, 2011 0 Comments A+ a-

Here is a new way you can serve Jell-O shots without using those little plastic containers or Dixie cups.  We recently had a Dos Amigos Party for my brother Matty’s stag; he didn’t want a cake so I made these little gems instead.  You can use other alcohols like triple sec, tequila, rum, etc.



Lime Wedge Jello Shots:
·         1 Box of Jello (The color combinations are endless)
·         10 Limes (makes about 40 shots)
·         1 Cup Boiling Water
·         1 Cup Cold Vodka (freezer)
Step 1: Cut fruit in half lengthwise. I juice the fruit then I flip the fruit inside out and hollow.
Step 2: Arrange the fruits in muffin tins or cookie sheet.
Step 3: Mix up your jello. Add 1 cup boiling water to the jello powder. Stir for 2 minutes. Then add 1 cup of alcohol (instead of the cold water) and stir.
Step 4: Slowly pour the jello/alcohol mixture into the hollowed fruits. Don’t worry if some spills over the sides. Some of your liquid will get absorbed by the fruit.

Step 5: After jello firms up (after at least 4 hours or overnight), place fruit cut side down and cut into slices.
Cheers, now you have fancy-schmancy jello shots!

With my leftover lime juice I made skinny girl margaritas made with tequila, lime and agave nectar shaken and poured over ice.  Waste not want not my Grandma always said!!