BATH BOMB

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 0 Comments A+ a-

MOISTURIZING BATH BOMB RECIPE


One of my favorite ways to unwind is by having a bath. I love a good bath! I was a lush addict but I couldn’t handle spending $7 on a bath when I was having one a night.  So I have tried and tested so many different bath bomb recipes and this was my favorite by far. 
I love using olive oil or grape seed oil to add a little moisture as my skin can be dry especially in the cooler months.

Here’s what you need:
-Cornstarch 1/2 cup
-Epsom Salt 1/4 cup
-Baking Soda 1 cup
-Citric Acid 1/2 cup
-3/4 tablespoon water
-Essential Oil (10 drops)
-Olive Oil / Grape seed oil 2 3/4 tablespoons
Finding the citric acid can be tricky.  I ordered my essential oil and citric acid on line, but I am sure you can get it at any health food store.
You’ll also need something to shape the bath bombs. I used my bath bomb mold but you can use a cookie scoop. Use any type of mould or whatever you have on hand instead of buying supplies.


Directions:
Mix together your dry ingredients.
In a separate bowl mix your wet ingredients.

Whisk the liquid into the dry ingredients. You have to work fast as you don’t want mixture to start bubbling.
Whisk it all together until you get a mix the consistency of wet sand.

Pack the mixture in really tight to your mold, then place on cookie sheet.

If you can't it to come out in one piece don't stress just plop it back into the bowl and re-shape it.
Let them dry overnight before you try to transport them anywhere or they’ll fall apart.
 And there you have it the perfect bath bomb!