BANANA OATMEAL MUFFINS

Thursday, March 10, 2011 2 Comments A+ a-

Happy Thursday Everyone!! Typical me I am supposed to be studying and instead I decided it was a great idea to bake, lol. This was my first time with this recipe and it was a huge success. They are delicious and healthy, what more do you want??!!!


Perfect in the morning instead of a bowl of oatmeal!! Next time I make them I might add walnuts, chocolate chips or coconut!!

Banana Oatmeal Muffins

Yield: 12 large
Bake: in 400ºF oven for 20 minutes

11/4 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup yogurt, plain low fat
1/2 cup milk, low fat
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup vegetable oil or apple sauce
2 bananas, large, ripe, mashed (I thaw my frozen bananas they have so much flavor)
1 egg, large, lightly beaten
1 cup flour
½ cup wheat germ
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda

Super Easy Instructions:
In a bowl mix together rolled oats, yogurt and milk. Let soak for 10 minutes.
Mix flour, wheat germ, salt, spices, baking powder and baking soda in a bowl.
Add brown sugar, mashed banana, egg and oil to rolled oats mixture. Mix well.
Add dry ingredients to the rolled oats mixture. Mix well. Fill greased or paper lined muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake for approximately 20 minutes.

2 comments

Write comments
Anonymous
AUTHOR
March 10, 2011 at 6:28 PM delete

Yummy!!

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
March 10, 2011 at 7:00 PM delete

Achtung baby -

Reply
avatar