BASIL VINAIGRETTE

Friday, June 10, 2011 0 Comments A+ a-



Here is a recipe for a yummy, quick and easy basil salad dressing. If you have a blender it works perfect for making this recipe.  I use my bullet for easier clean up.  My motto for salad dressings is to keep it simple and keep it fresh. I let the dressing sit in the fridge overnight so that the flavors really infuse.

You will need:
¼ cup lemon juice
¼ cup white wine vinegar
1/3 cup basil
2 tbls mustard (a nice dijon or german works great)
½ cup olive oil
salt and pepper

Add the lemon juice, vinegar, course chopped basil, mustard,  salt and pepper  in a blender. Pulse the mixture. Then add the olive oil. Combine thoroughly.  I love it on top of a grilled chicken salad.  If you want to kick this recipe up you can always add a fresh mango to the blender.  

Enjoy!