FRESH SALSA VERDE

Saturday, June 11, 2011 1 Comments A+ a-

FRESH SALSA VERDE


We have our good friends Brian and Lora coming by the house for dinner tonight.  One of our favorite meals to make for company is Mexican food.  And this Salsa Verde is a perfect start to any evening.  I hope you like it!

12 tomatillos, peeled and washed
2 garlic cloves
1 bunch fresh cilantro
½ white or yellow onion
2 fresh jalapenos peppers 
1/2 teaspoon salt



Place the tomatillos, garlic, onion, jalapenos and salt in the blender or food processor.
In this photo I added green pepper - I had some I needed to use up in my fridge.

Pulse until about 10 to 15 seconds then add in cilantro

Pulse a few more times but be careful not to over process






1 comments:

Write comments
Anonymous
AUTHOR
June 12, 2011 at 11:19 AM delete

Carla, I love your blog, it's very impressive! BTW, cute picture of you and Tony!
Sheri

Reply
avatar