PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE

Monday, October 15, 2012 0 Comments A+ a-

Pumpkin Spice Latte
 
To make this latte as legit as possible you need an espresso machine. If you don't have one I suggest purchasing one asap!! Many many years ago when I was in Australia I worked at a great place called The Pier in Port Melbourne. There I learned how to make killer coffees. I had many sent back as Aussie sure do know there coffee but after being trained by the best I figured it out.
So easy and delish. Just add a 1.5 tablespoons of pumpkin puree to you milk. Froth and add espresso. I add a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice and a teaspoon of agave nectar.
If you don’t have a espresso machine I found this recipe below.
1. Make Pumpkin Milk
1 c milk
1/4 heaping cup pumpkin puree (more if you really love pumpkin)
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice blend, or to taste
1 tsp cinnamon, or to taste
1 tsp vanilla extract
sweetener of choice, to taste
Optional: pinch of ground nutmeg, ginger, garam masala, cardamom, or other warming spices to taste
Directions: Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk well.
Optional: Warm the finished pumpkin milk mixture in the microwave or on the stovetop (I do a quick nuke of about 1 minute)
2. Pour 1 c of brewed coffee into a mug and pour half the pumpkin milk mixture over the top of the coffee and enjoy.
As both recipes are healthier and cheaper than the Starbucks pumpkin latte you will notice a little puree on the bottom.  No biggie J
Enjoy